Install LibreOffice 4 with Debian Wheezy Backports

By | 2013/05/16

LibreOffice 4 is available in Debian Wheezy backports! I’ll show you how to install LibreOffice 4 on Debian Wheezy.

1. Add wheezy backports to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-backports main

2. Next:

$ sudo apt-get update

3. And finally install libreoffice 4.0:

$ sudo apt-get -t wheezy-backports install libreoffice

libreoffice_debian

11 thoughts on “Install LibreOffice 4 with Debian Wheezy Backports

1. Auroch

Thanks for this post !
    In my case, I’ve also to update libreoffice-math & python-uno from backports.

In fact, aptitude tell me that there’s a dependencies trouble with this 2 packages and propose to let some dependencies unsatisfied … I refused and so it give me another proposal : updating these two packages from backports 😉

2. Chris

Thank you for this tip, Scott.

Not only did it give me the latest version, it also cured the terribly slow loading I had with the previous one 🙂

3. Len

Thank for this very good tip Other methods didn’t work for me.

4. GĂ©rard Bekhuis

Hallo.
    Thank you very much.
    I like to get the german language version.
    I have installed the english version Libreoffice 4.0
    I hope you can help me.
    Thanks and greetings
    GĂ©rard

1. Sylvain Nugues

I would say you’d have to install your language package with:

sudo apt-get -t wheezy-backports install libreoffice-l10n-xx

xx being your language (for me it’s fr as in french).

1. GĂ©rard Bekhuis

Hello Sylvain.
        I have tried “sudo apt-get -t wheezy-backports install libreoffice-l10n-de” to install.
        Then I got Libreoffice 3.0 and I will Libreoffice 4.0 in german language, because I live as Dutchman in Germany and my first ist french “GĂ©rard”.
        Perhapsyou have an other solution forme?
        Greeting GĂ©rard Bekhuis.

5. Fraifrai

You should add localizations installation in your post

6. Hardian

Do we need to uninstall previous version of libreoffice before install libreoffice 4?