Out of space with your Windows 7 VirtualBox instance?
No need to reinstall the vm. Using the free bootable iso clonezilla, you can clone your Windows 7 VirtualBox guest to a larger hard drive. I’ll show you how!
1. Download a copy of the latest stable clonezilla iso:
2. Add a second larger virtual hard drive to your Windows 7 VirtualBox guest
Create new disk
3. Boot the Clonezilla iso with both hard drives connected
4. At the Clonezilla boot screen, chose Other modes of Clonezilla live > Clonezilla live to RAM
5. Start Clonezilla
8. Disk to local disk
9. Select source disk, hit Enter
10. Select target disk, hit Enter
11. Skip checking, hit Enter
12. Warning that target disk will be overwritten, Y
13. Another warning, Y
14. Clone boot loader, Y
15. Are you sure, Y
16. The clone process then begins! When finished shutdown Clonezilla.
17. Back in the VirtualBox settings, remove the smaller original hard disk as well as Clonezilla from the virtual CD drive. Boot with only your new hard drive attached.
18. Windows will need to immediately reboot for device support, reboot.
19. Back in Windows, open Computer Management
20. Right click on the existing smaller NTFS and choose Extend Volume.
21. Hit Next, Next, and Finish.
22. Reboot Windows for good measure. Done!